START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT DURATION: 2 years minimum, 3-month trial period
REPORTS TO: Country Director
Haitian National strongly preferred.
The Children’s Nutrition Program of Haiti’s M&E team is growing to support and strengthen the organization’s programming and to carry out research on CNP’s successes in the region. CNP is growing its data management systems and working to build capacity for academic partnerships and research. The Data Manager, based in Haiti, will lead CNP’s M&E team to make strides in improving its data systems even further and using that data effectively. A major part of M&E is the evaluation of our programs, including child & maternal health, health education, nutrition, and WASH services –as well as measuring how community members have benefitted from CNP services.
The Data Manager is responsible for overseeing a variety of M&E activities, from data collection/evaluations and data management systems, to interpreting program data for use and reporting to donors as it relates to program outcomes. Further, the Data Manager will support team members in growing their M&E skills across the organization. Helping to build the capacity of team members’ in Haiti in their ability to fully understand, talk about and share program results will directly benefit the overall M&E capability at the Children’s Nutrition Program of Haiti.
The Data Manager leads the Monitoring & Evaluation team and reports to the Country Director in Haiti, and will interact with nearly all staff members of the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. The ability to adapt to a changing work environment and meet challenges presented throughout the day
2. In collaboration with the Country Director, continuously improve and implement the plan for all monitoring, evaluation, and learning
a. Maintain & update logic models, indicator frameworks, and data management protocols
b. Develop meaningful performance and evaluation measures, including data collection methodology, measurement and analysis
c. Create new data collection tools as needed
d. Support and advance re-creation and use of a relational database
3. Collect, research, analyze and report on program data
a. Manage performance measures that determine, in a systematic and rigorous way, whether programs are effective in achieving goals
b. Compile and deliver timely and comprehensive reports for the Haitian Ministry of Health, Vitamin Angels, and others
c. Oversee data quality assurance
d. Report on programs at quarterly staff meetings, Board of Directors meetings and other times as needed
e. Provide data to the Kore Timoun Development & Marketing Manager for marketing initiatives
f. Maintain current and historical records of Kore Timoun clinical and community outreach programs
4. Provide supervision for field staff and program managers in data collection and report making.
5. Provide direct supervision to Monitoring & Evaluation Fellow and Data Entry Clerk (as these positions are filled)
6. Support efforts to consider overall organizational effectiveness and measurement of progress against strategic plan, and make recommendations for additional resources needed to successfully develop programs and initiatives
7. Must be available in the office during regular office hours unless job responsibilities require otherwise
8. Must be available for travel to Port-au-Prince for quarterly meetings, to Ti Goave Nutrition Stabilization Unit, and to outpatient facilities and field worker zones
1. Strong written and verbal communications skills
2. Ability to accurately analyze and report data
3. Ability to summarize and explain data findings in non-technical terms
4. Ability to implement and continuously update the Monitoring & Evaluation plan, including developing logic models, SWAT analysis, data management processes, data collection tools and reports
5. Ability to develop, test, and implement surveys and client forms and/or generate new data though the use of established and new collection mechanisms
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues, interested organizations, agencies, individuals and communities
7. Strong organizational skills
8. Critical thinking (objective analysis and evaluation)
9. Strong computer skills, including the ability to learn new software
10. Ability to carry out multiple projects concurrently
11. Ability to provide direct supervision to M&E staff (M&E Fellow, Data Entry Clerk) and provide supportive supervision to coworkers to carry out their M&E-related responsibilities
12. Project management skills
13. Independent and resourceful problem-solving ability
14. Literate in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
· Proficiency in English AND Haitian Kreyol and/or French.
o Must be willing and available to take Haitian Kreyol lessons if not fluent.
· Bachelor’s degree in public health, nutrition, international development or relations, grant writing or other related field PLUS 1-year relevant experience required.
o Educational experience may be substituted with professional experience; Minimum of five years relevant professional experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
· Knowledge of evaluation strategies and techniques to include logic models, SWOT analysis, survey design and implementation
· Knowledge with applied research and evaluation of projects or program initiatives
· Familiarity with public health education and promotion, health information systems, computer science, program evaluation, qualitative and quantitative research
· Understanding of qualitative and quantitative data analysis
· Haitian national strongly preferred.
Start Date: September-October 2019
Reports to: Executive Director
Opportunity: The Development & Marketing Coordinator will work in the U.S. office reporting to the Executive Director to ensure the smooth operations of the development, marketing, and special event functions through a donor-centered approach. This position supports fundraising activities through donor stewardship, prospect research, reporting, and database management for all CNP constituencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the donor database to ensure the integrity and accuracy of information entered into the database and that all protocols have been followed.
· Prepare agendas, schedule and organize donor meetings.
· Assist Executive Director with solicitation campaigns to include: generating mailing lists, mail merges, addressing and stuffing envelopes.
· Assist Executive Director with acknowledgments when more than standard form acknowledgment is necessary, i.e. major and capital gifts.
· Identify and conduct ongoing research of prospects including wealth screening; write and maintain prospect/donor profiles for Executive Director and volunteer fundraisers.
Special Event Activities
· Plan, implement, and follow-up for all Development special events.
· Develop and maintain event and volunteer databases.
· Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training, and acknowledgment.
· Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising, and collateral.
· Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the special events budget.
· Broaden social networking to promote special events.
· Manage social media accounts alongside marketing Fellow in Haiti
· Actively participate and staff committees as necessary and appropriate.
· Other administrative duties as needed.
General Skill & Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree or two-year degree combined with 3-5 years of experience working with volunteers, office administration, and coordinating special events.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills are essential.
· Demonstrated project management skills working specifically with multifaceted projects and diverse constituents.
· Professional demeanor, good judgment, and the ability to work independently, but collaboratively, in a goal-oriented team environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suit, particularly Excel.
· Knowledge of Donor Perfect, or comparable donor software, is a plus.
· Alignment with the CNP Mission and Values
· Ability to take initiative and follow through
· Ability to analyze problems, utilize internal or external resources, offer solutions to problems, and implement solutions.
Please email cover letter summarizing your qualifications and interest along with current resume to – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in volunteering in the Chattanooga, TN office please email your resume and a cover letter detailing why you want to volunteer with CNP/Kore Timoun, the length of time you can commit, and expected start date to email@example.com.