Communications & Social media Fellow
The needs of Kore Timoun are always changing and your fellow experience will be geared towards your interests, skills, and experiences, and what the organization needs at the time of the fellowship.
As the Communications Intern with Koré Timoun you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain meaningful work experience in the field of communications and fundraising;
- Manage all CNP's social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blog)
- Conduct interviews and collect material for content;
- Develop compelling content, both written and photographic;
- Work with Executive staff on developing and implementing fundraising strategies;
- Work with Executive staff on Annual Report;
- Undertake regular online training to improve communication and fundraising skills;
- Regularly collect data to monitor and evaluate communication efforts;
- Occasionally seek and source volunteer photographers.
- Experience working in a development context and spend time in rural Haiti.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Communications, Photojournalism, Public Relations, or related field; ORBachelors in International Development or related field with a passion for social media and communications;
- Native English speaker or fluency in English and have Haitian Kreyol or French language skills;
- A passion for development and public health issues and social media;
- Creativity and an eye for detail;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility and an ability to adapt to changing circumstances;
- Resilience and an ability to endure the difficulties that come with living in a developing country and dealing with cultural differences;
- Photography skills;
- Good health to meet the demands of the work.
- Previous experience working in a developing country, Haiti a plus;
- Knowledgeable in the field of maternal and child health and nutrition;
- Experience in online communications; blogs writing; photography; videography, and graphic design.
Minimum Time Commitment: 1 year
Kore Timoun will provide
A rewarding professional experience, housing and meals, 20 vacation days a year and all Haitian holidays, a monthly stipend to cover the cost of living expenses in Haiti.
To apply please submit the following to contact @cnphaiti.org:
- Letter of interest including: why you would like to work for Kore Timoun, how you meet the qualifications for the position, and your language skills;
- Date available to start position.