Maternal Child Health and Nutrition Fellow
The needs of Kore Timoun are always changing and your fellow experience will be geared towards your interests, skills, and experiences, and what the organization needs at the time of the fellowship.
As a Maternal Child Health Nutrition fellow with Kore Timoun you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide support to our nutrition, maternal health, WASH, community empowerment, and sustainable livelihoods programs.
- Participate in many aspects of program planning, documentation, and implementation.
- Assist in grant and report writing activities.
- Get experience working in the field and spending time in rural Haiti.
- Passion for helping others, nutrition, and maternal and child health.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, nutrition, international development or relations, grant writing or other related field.
- Experience teaching or training adults, community health worker training a plus.
- Great organizational skills and flexibility and ability to adapt to the changing environment working for an NGO in Haiti.
- Proficiency in Haitian Kreyol and/or French.
- Knowledgeable in the field of maternal and child health and nutrition and international development.
- Not afraid of hard work, can live in difficult conditions, and ability to hike in the mountains.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience working in a developing country, Haiti a plus.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Project management experience a plus
- Photography skills
- Master’s degree in public health, nutrition, international development, or other related field.
- Proficiency in Haitian Kreyol
Minimum Time Commitment: 1 year
Kore Timoun will provide
A rewarding professional experience, housing and meals, 20 vacation days a year and all Haitian holidays, a monthly stipend to cover the cost of living expenses in Haiti.
To apply please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest including: why you would like to work for Kore Timoun, how you meet the qualifications for the position, and your language skills;
- Date available to start position.